white top$58 (lipsy.co.uk); IRO Daphne black leather shorts $200 (my-wardrobe.com); brown boots $23 (hm.com); Rebecca Minkoff black clutch $250 (rebeccaminkoff.com); Delia’s neon charm bracelet $8.50 (delias.com); vintage Wayfarer sunglasses (ocshades.com).
Friday is finally here, and after a long week of being cooped up in an office with gorgeous weather taunting me from outside, the [predicted to be rainy] weekend has arrived. I’m really not concerned about the rain considering I have a fabulous Miami weekend planned w/ friends, and so the main thought on my mind right now is: what to wear? The weather is starting to get cooler in S Florida, and I did happen to pick up a pair of sweet
leather (ok fine, pleather) hot shorts while outlet scavenging in Orlando last weekend, so I need to find a way to work these into my weekend uniform. After some serious blog-stalking I have come up with a few great ways to wear leather shorts in early fall. See my faves below, and some cheap and chic copycats in the collage above.
Blair Eadie of Atlantic-Pacific
Stephanie LaCava in APC shorts
The worst part about going on vacation is packing for it. Everyone knows this, and we all put it off until the last minute (I’m not the only one, right?). This often leads to some serious stress before a trip. The art of dressing chicly for the airport? I’ve had that down pat since I was 12- and multiple seat upgrades to show for it 😉 The art of packing light? Haven’t exactly perfected that one yet.
This time around I was determined to get it together beforehand and have a plan. Especially since I am not checking a bag, for the first time in my life. Yes, the fees have finally gotten to me. But alas, here I am on the eve of my little journey to New Orleans and I am still not packed! The thought of fitting all of my clothes and accessories into a bag that is no more than 45 inches is kind of intimidating. So, the inspiration board above at least got me thinking about how minimalistic I can bear to be considering my teeny luggage, while still looking chic at my final destination.
So, here is what I plan to pack, to save space in my suitcase and still stay in style:
- A black dress that can double as a pool cover-up and can work double-duty at a mimosa-laden brunch after a night out.
- One bathing suit.
- Gladiator sandals for days I’ll be walking a lot.
- Versatile denim shorts that can be worn with a tank top for sightseeing during the day, or paired with a velvet blazer for a casual dinner.
- Sparkly skirt for a big night out.
- Tan strappy sandals that work for lunch during the day or drinks at bar (I’ll be wearing these on the plane as well).
- Black eyelet shorts that are comfortable enough to wear all day and even to bed (and yes I will use them for both).
- Huge gold and black cocktail ring and a gold statement necklace- with two major jewelry items like these you don’t need many other accessories.
- Sheer tank- again, for daytime or sleeping.
- White strapless dress- so versatile you can dress it up with tan sandals or play it casual by slipping on the gladiators with this.
- Purple feather skirt- just for fun.
That’s the plan. Hopefully I can spring it into action quick enough this evening so that I can go enjoy happy hour!